Schnitzer West, LLC’s vision, mission, promise, culture, values, and goals are at the heart of every decision made. The Company takes pride in and fiercely protects its 5 Core Fundamental Values:
- Disciplined – Prepare for anything. Anticipate, ask questions, and clarify. Own every moment. Don’t run from risk; mitigate it to create value. Keep your eye on the prize while obsessing over the details.
- Driven – Work with passion and ambition. Be relentless and work with urgency.
- Bold – Pioneer true innovation and be motivated by the unknown. Thrive in uncertainty to outperform the expected.
- Authentic – Work without ego and be a doer, not a talker. Be fair but candid and always willing and able to roll up your sleeves.
- ‘Cowboy Family’ – Be all in with the firm; pushing and protecting each other to achieve greatness and exceed all expectations. Take pride in being a difference maker and for making a material impact.
This unwavering focus makes Schnitzer West, LLC a recognized and well-respected vanguard in the industry and maintains the framework that allows for superior communications, sound decisive decision making, diversity of thought, and unparalleled business practices, rigor, and innovation.
General Position Summary:
Performs all aspects of processing required in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and lease administration for assigned properties in multiple property management systems.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Property Management AP:
- Utilize software system including AvidXchange, Yardi and MRI for processing and/or entry of all invoices.
- Prepare weekly cash requirements for all payments.
- Prepare and post all check batches. Process weekly check runs from AvidXchange, Yardi and MRI.
- Route paid invoices appropriately and file corporate A/P.
- Take all vendor calls and perform any research needed to resolve items on vendor statements.
- Perform A/P Month end according to the monthly closing schedule.
- Perform A/P year end functions including preparing the 1099 file and audit requests as required.
Property Management AR:
- Deposit checks received.
- Enter all receipts from lockbox, wire or checks.
- Enter and process all one time charges including tenant bill backs and CAM charges.
- Enter and process monthly recurring billing.
- Perform property management month end closing function according to monthly closing schedule.
- Run property management reports to check the status of accounts e.g., Unapplied Cash, Security Deposit Reconciliation, Collections.
- Create and maintain tables using Excel for inter-company billings.
- Upload and code invoices using Yardi Payscan.
- Process cash receipts and update tracking spreadsheets as required.
- Enter and maintain data in all accounting systems as it relates to Buildings, Units and Leases.
- Receive and enter all information for additions and changes on company approved forms; review for completeness and accuracy; work with Investment Accountants if information received is not complete or accurate.
- Run reports after entering data to verify that information entered does not adversely affect any building totals. If it does, work with the Property teams to resolve any errors or discrepancies. Once reviewed, forward a copy of the report to the Investment Manager for approval and filing in lease file.
- Enter and review data necessary for the maintenance of deferred rent in respective accounting system if required by owner.
- Initiate and/or release wires and ACH payments in coordination with other team members.
- Download daily bank reports and print all information needed to enter cash received.
- Update cash worksheets.
- Initiate Stop payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cross train and provide support when needed for all duties performed by other members of the department including all daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proficiency in computer programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong math skills, 10 key competency, and accurate keyboarding/data entry skills (50 wpm).
- Ability to deal with interruptions, handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and respond to changing needs and requests.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Familiarity with general ledger chart of accounts.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical, problem–solving and decision-making skills.
- Literate in English language.
Education and Experience:
This position requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent. Required experience includes at least two years of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience. General real estate knowledge is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light traffic.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Schnitzer West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.