Ribometrix is committed to delivering on the promise of addressing human disease through novel scientific insight into the structure of RNA. Unlike traditional drug discovery methodologies that target the product of RNA (proteins), we believe small molecule therapeutics can be designed to interact with RNA to deliver a meaningful therapeutic benefit to patients living with disease.
We are a team of individuals driven by the spirit of innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and integrity who are committed to the goal of helping patients with our novel therapeutic approach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pioneer new science, collaborate with great people, and ultimately help those in need, then Ribometrix may be the place for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our RNA Biology group. This person will support all tissue culture needs for our RNA biology group. Their work is an integral component of the Ribometrix platform. This position provides opportunities to maintain many different cell lines to support R&D, perform a range of molecular biology experiments, and work collaboratively with other team members. An ideal candidate will be an organized individual with strong communication skills who is comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a drive to execute within timelines, and who can collaborate effectively with other members of the Ribometrix team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintain and culture a diverse range of cell lines with strong aseptic technique
· Count, expand, and seed cells
· Monitor cell line passage numbers and perform regular tests to prevent contamination and cell line cross-over
· Receive, expand, and freeze new cell lines
· Ensure cells are expanded and delivered on time to meet experimental needs of the organization
· Organize and maintain liquid nitrogen cell bank
· Maintain a high-quality electronic lab notebook
· Perform large-scale RNA purifications from cells
· Perform lysate collections
· Perform multiple molecular biology techniques (e.g., qPCR and RNA-Seq)
· Outsource cell culture needs with external CROs as appropriate
· Support multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
· Work collaboratively and lead by example to promote our Ribometrix Core Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
· B.Sc. or M.S. in Biology or related field is required
· Excellent aseptic technique is required
· Experience (2+ years) with direct cell culture (industry/academic) is required
· Experience culturing multiple adherent, suspension, primary, and challenging cell lines is required
· Experience working with and purifying RNA from cells is required
· Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams while balancing the needs of internal customers is required
· Strong initiative, problem solving, attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize is required
· A can-do attitude complemented with a willingness to help where needed is required
· Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry, start-up or production environment setting is preferred
· Experience with molecular biology techniques such as cDNA synthesis, qPCR, Illumina library prep and sequencing is preferred
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.