We are looking for a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, and friendly Delivery Sales Coordinator to join our growing team! In this role, you will get to work one-on-one with our award-winning culinary team while servicing top Chicago companies... did we mention there is a daily free lunch? Apply today!
At Blue Plate our first responsibility is the health and safety of our employees, customers, and community. As such, we are taking all necessary precautions to safeguard the health and well-being of not only our employees but also their families, our customers, and our community from COVID-19 by implementing a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Employees.
Therefore, all employees must be fully vaccinated by no later than October 1, 2021. We strongly believe that this is the best path forward, prioritizing the safety of our employees, customers, and community.
As stated in the Policy, employees unable to be vaccinated due to religious, medical or pregnancy-related reasons may submit requests for accommodations or exemptions from this Policy to the Director of Human Resources. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The Sales Coordinator provides excellent and professional customer service for the Delivery business line, representing Blue Plate as an expert in her/his role and as a brand ambassador for the organization.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the Blue Plate Vision
- Support team monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals by ensuring inquiries, leads and requests for proposals are responded to in an enthusiastic and timely manner, and by processing client orders
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the Blue Plate’s menus, products and services
- Answer phones and take orders via phone, fax and email
- Place orders and update client information in catering software (CaterXpert)
- Facilitate follow up customer service communications via calls and/or emails
- Assist with billing and payment confirmations
- Obtain, compile and process credit card information for order payment
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive files are maintained with proposals and clients
- Partner with Culinary, Operations and Service Departments to ensure events are correctly prepared for and executed; provide recommendations to enhance processes and create efficiencies
- Prepare for, and attend, production meetings as events demand
- Prepare Event Supervisor packs as needed
- Place and update outsourced equipment and/or linen needs
- Create dietary and menu signage for orders and events
- Submit billing packs following business line guidelines
- Attend and work Blue Plate functions as needed
- Assist senior team members with projects and initiatives as needed
- Maintain an exemplary level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive issues
- Create a culture of no client should be a one-time client
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality or related industry. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience within the hospitality industry that includes quantifiable success within a sales role
- Basic knowledge of off-site catering and event operations
- General interest in food, menu design and creative event development
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Blue Plate’s mission: Our mission is to “care more” for others through food and service experiences that turn our partner’s vision into reality.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and alert executive leadership when needed
- Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience
- Highly organized/strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented and entrepreneurial minded
- Strong project management experience and ability to manage on-going multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office and Google applications, Catering and CRM software
- Local travel is required
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill and any all office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer entry, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.