- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or counseling with five years’ experience including the delivery and oversight of community mental health services for children and families required.
- Licensed in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or counseling in the State of Connecticut (required).
- Must obtain certification as an Information and Referral Specialist through the Alliance of Information and Referral and as a Crisis Worker through the American Association of Suicidology when eligible.
- Knowledgeable about all 2-1-1 programs and critical data systems and services in addition to crisis intervention.
- Minimum of three years’ demonstrated supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge, familiarity, and/or experience with contact center operations.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff in crisis assessment and crisis stabilization.
- Working knowledge of contact center technology and supporting software systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office and subsidy program applications required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and plan work activities, develop and successfully complete realistic action plans.
- Assertive, self-directed; able to work without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulate verbally, in writing and through presentations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Solid critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Adept at conflict resolution and de-escalation of customer service issues.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.