Assist with financial reporting research and reporting, web based software projects, financial entries, duties and reconciliations as assigned.
Essential Functions: Performs specific tasks in support of accounting initiatives.
- Assist the staff accountant with the preparation of financial reports.
- Research related to the maintenance of financial statement formats.
- Interpret and explain mid-level financial-related data and accounting processes to managers and non-financial staff.
- Serve as a resource for departments, when questions arise as well as research and process accounting requests.
- Preparation of financial entries as assigned.
- Resolve reporting discrepancies.
- Resolve data importing issues as needed.
- Enhancing accounting procedures related to using our software or web based software programs.
- Implement new processes as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of complex account reconciliations.
- Reviewing basic transactions and reconciliations as assigned.
- Collections review.
- Assist with ledger mapping and coding in financial systems.
- Assist with year end and supplementary schedules as assigned.
- Respond to internal and external auditor requests as assigned, including generating reports, researching transactions and coordinating with other departments.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Support daily operations as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Staff Accountant.
Given: Accounting Assistants.
Required: Degree accountant with high attention to detail. Ability to become proficient with web based programs and accounting software. Significant use of Microsoft Excel and Teams, and others to operate in a paperless accounting department. Minimum of 2 years of professional office experience with staff collaboration.
Preferred: Bachelor Degree accountant and minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting department.
Required: 2 years experience in a professional work environment.
Preferred: Prior experience in an accounting office.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of computer. Ability to speak clearly and follow written SOP’s. Ability to operate 10-key.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
OTHERRequired: Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, MIP accounting software or other and ability to learn web based software. Keyboarding and communication skills and attention to detail. Accounting software and ability to learn web based reporting systems. Must be willing to work as a team player with customer satisfaction as a priority. Ability to organize concurrent projects and manage time. Ability to interact with a diverse population and be a liaison to all departments with a positive attitude. Willingness to work overtime during peak periods.