Job Title: Spot Light Operator
Reports To: Lighting Supervisor / Stage Management
FLSA Status: Part Time
Salary Range: $15/hr - potential for OT during the first week of rehearsals and previews.
Run Dates: 10/30/21 - 01/02/22
TRINITY REPERTORY COMPANY in Providence, RI is seeking Follow Spot Operators for their upcoming production of A Christmas Carol. Responsibilities include preshow check of spotlight rig, running spotlight for duration of show, and tracking spot cues during rehearsal.
Education and/or Experience:
Ideal candidates would have some level of show running experience, preferably in Electrics or as a Stage Hand. Spotlight experience is valued but not necessary. Availability and punctuality are extremely important.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit/stand stationary for long periods of time.
- Must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask for every performance.
This position is a member of the Christmas Carol run crew and needs to be present for all Technical Rehearsals and Performances.
- 10/30 @ 11:30am-4pm & 6pm-10pm
- 10/31 @ 12pm-4pm & 6pm-10pm
- 11/2 @ 12pm - 5pm & 7pm-10pm
- 11/3 @ 12pm -5pm & 7pm-10pm
- 11/4 @ 12pm-5pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/5 @ 12pm-5pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/6 @ 12pm-5pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/7 @ 11:30am-1:30pm
- 11/9 @ 12pm-5pm &7:30pm-9:30pm
- 11/10 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/11 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/12 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/13 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/14 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/17 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/18 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/19 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/20 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/21 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/23 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/24 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/26 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/27 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 11/28 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/1 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/2 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/3 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/4 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/5 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/8 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/9 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/10 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/11 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/12 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/15 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/16 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/17 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/18 @ 11:30pm-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/18 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/22 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/23 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/24 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/26 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/29 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/30 @ 7pm-9:30pm
- 12/31 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 1/1 @ 11:30am-1:30pm & 7pm-9:30pm
- 1/2 @ 11:30am-1:30pm
If interested please feel free to contact us and request a more detailed calendar. There are smaller breaks built into the schedule for days with longer calls.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high.
- The light level in the work environment ranges from light to dark.
- Trinity Rep is a collaborative work environment, and employees are expected to be open and willing to collaborate across departments and teams.
- Trinity Rep is on an active and ongoing journey to be anti-racist organization, advancing anti-racist policies and practices, and fostering and sustaining a culture that values community, social justice, and equity.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit trinityrep.com/antiracism.
ABOUT TRINITY REPERTORY COMPANY
Rhode Island’s Tony Award-winning theater company, Trinity Rep has created unparalleled professional theater for and with its community since its founding in 1963. Trinity Rep is committed to reinventing the public square and inspiring dialogue by creating emotionally-stimulating productions and innovative education programs for all ages and abilities. Whether classical or contemporary, all of Trinity Rep’s productions connect audiences with the play and each other in meaningful and sometimes surprising ways. Its annual production of A Christmas Carol has brought families together for 40+ years and made memories for over a million audience members. Trinity Rep shapes the future of the nation’s theater through the development and production of new plays, as well as the tuition-free Brown University/Trinity Rep MFA program – one of the leading programs for actor and director training in the world.
Trinity Rep strives to facilitate human connection through its commitment to forming meaningful community partnerships, creating a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, delivering exceptional customer service, and connecting patrons with its resident company of artists. Trinity Rep has resolved to place antiracism at the center of its work, and has embarked on a robust planning process to develop and implement a bold new vision for theater making, education, and community engagement, founded on the principles of genuine equity and antiracism.
Located in downtown Providence, Trinity Rep has long been a driving force behind the creativity that fuels and defines the region. Typically employing over 250 artists, educators, and administrators, the organization generates nearly $21 million in direct and indirect economic activity annually. It is one of 76 theaters nationwide with membership in LORT (the League of Resident Theaters), the organization representing America’s leading professional theater companies.
Learn more at www.trinityrep.com/about/