Real Estate Attorney
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Division: Peak Real Estate Advisors
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Compensation: Starting at $80,000, with 15% bonus paid quarterly
Benefits: Vision, Dental, and Health insurance for you, your spouse, and any dependents, PTO days, Holidays, Company Events, Learning/Educational Opportunities, and unlimited potential for growth.
The Peak Group is looking for a driven and adaptable individual who can take on any challenge. This position will deal directly with investors to draft contracts for home acquisitions. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, a hard worker, and has experience working in the real estate industry.
What you’ve already achieved:
- Law degree and licensed to practice in the State of Texas
- 5+ years law firm and/or public company in-house experience working on real estate transactions, purchases, and lease agreements.
- Knowledge of real estate topics, including development, construction, and finance.
- Experience handling transactions for investors, builders, and other high-volume clients preferred.
- Must be a skilled negotiator and closer.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and possesses relentlessly high standards.
- Must have a polished presentation and a solid skillset in verbal and written communication.
What you’re great at:
- Capable of leading multiple projects independently with expert project management skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability with the potential to become a trusted advisor to our business partners.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication, research, organizational and problem-solving skills.
What you will achieve in this role:
- For Acquisitions and Dispositions, negotiate core documents skillfully and work inter-departmentally to confirm that appropriate personnel are aware of respective roles, responsibilities, and expectations to meet critical deadlines. Includes negotiating, drafting, and reviewing letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements and a full range of real estate documents.
- Negotiating and drafting construction contracts, architect agreements, and other documents associated with the development and construction of build for rent communities.
- Respond to legal inquiries, assisting Peak personnel with regard to legal issues as needed.
- Assists the acquisition team to ensure compliance with all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances, and regulations.
- Assist in the interpretation of contract documents and in the resolution of disputes related to contract terms and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Work cross-functionally with ops, sales, and closing teams provide curative and underwriting guidance.
- Handle escalations on difficult and time-sensitive files.
- Create, manage, and oversee LOI / lease / purchase agreements for new market expansion.
- Manage and communicate with brokers and other real estate professionals to support property searches for new market expansion.
- Own all zoning and land use issues for new market expansion including qualifying properties, confirming zoning requirements, and working with local zoning departments to obtain required documentation.
Who you will work with:
- Potential and current investors
- The Peak Group’s acquisitions team
- Communicative and supportive managers and peers
- Experienced leaders, managers, and executive team
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. The Peak Group is growing at an exponential rate and new team members continue to help us grow.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in its team.
- A visionary CEO – the hands-on leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- Managers that trust each other, communicate effectively, and are committed to helping their teams grow, both personally and professionally.
Ownership. Grit. Integrity. Communication. These 4 values are the root of everything we do.
The Peak Group is an innovative company that impacts lives for the better.
Our President and CEO, Ryan Bowers, started The Peak Group with his brother, Todd, in 2013 and it was only up from there. The Peak Group has almost 1,300 homes to its name our team has nearly tripled in size this year alone.
The Peak Group is the parent company of The Peak Family, which includes:
The Peak Group is our HQ; the heart and soul of The Peak Family. Our founders, executive team, and behind-the-scenes rock stars make up this one-of-a-kind company.
Peak Construction Group oversees all our new construction of homes. We are an innovative leader in top-of-the-line single-family homes and town home communities. Beautiful homes with unsurpassed quality!
Peak Property Management & Maintenance turns our houses into homes. Our service-focused management and maintenance company spans all across Texas and beyond! This is where the quality of home and impeccable service meet!
Peak Real Estate Advisors is the true embodiment of Grit. They are constantly on the hunt for new investors and properties to help us grow. This is the home of our REIT, a fully turnkey process with over $65,000,000 in UPREIT and acquisitions by the end of 2020.
Simplified Title Company is a unique one-stop-shop for all Title-related needs. We are a leader in service and knowledge, handling a wide range, from retail and commercial to seller finance and investor relations. We are proven and experienced in high-volume closings!
Prime Properties Realty is our own personal brokerage company that fronts all of our acquisitions. They have a been key in growing as fast as we have, and will continue to be essential in achieving our goals!