The Coordinator of Alumni & Church Relations is responsible for the planning and implementation of activities pertaining to alumni and church relations. The coordinator is a key member of the Alumni and Advancement teams and works closely with the Director of Alumni & Church Relations.
· Seeks to serve all alumni and to bring them into a closer relationship with Greenville University through personal contact, programming, events, social media, communications, and other avenues as appropriate.
· In collaboration with the Director of Alumni & Church Relations, the coordinator is responsible for developing strategies based on best practice that build relationships with all segments of the alumni population with the goal of increasing both connections to the University and financial support.
· Interacts with the Alumni Board of Directors on a regular basis and manages implementation and communication of meetings and events related to Alumni Board work.
· Works with the Director of Alumni & Church Relations and the Office of Career Services to connect alumni to students, faculty, peer alumni, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities of Coordination and Facilitation:
· The Alumni Association Board of Directors’ meetings
· Connections with churches and building relationships through programming for local and key churches and involvement in Free Methodist annual and general conferences
· Alumni events (reunions and other events for alumni)
· Special events on campus involving alumni representation
· Activities and strategies related to church relations
· Oversee implementation of accurate and timely alumni social media and web information
· Homecoming weekend (primary lead)
· Travel programs for alumni activities and events (as needed)
Assist and be integrally involved in:
· Activities and strategies of the University Office of Advancement
· Volunteer management
FAITH: Commitment to Christ and the Christian ideals of Greenville University, including all aspects of the Growing and Learning Together Lifestyle Statement. This position is expected to follow the lifestyle guidelines outlined in that statement.
· Minimum education requirements – Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
· 3-5 years of higher education or related experience
· Greenville University graduate strongly encouraged
· Supervisory responsibilities: volunteers (Alumni Board, other alumni), student workers
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong project management, organization and time-management skills
· Customer service and relationship orientation
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products
· Energetic and detail-oriented with dedication to excellence
· This position requires a thorough understanding and articulation of the Greenville University mission, messaging, and current campus programs
Able to not only accomplish the tasks and goals of the job, but to do it in a manner that edifies teammates, colleagues, and associates. Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of Christian liberal arts education as expressed historically and presently at Greenville University, and as advanced by university’s sponsoring denomination, the Free Methodist Church.