At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Director of Sales is responsible for driving the prospecting and sales growth for key industry verticals.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently; knows and understands organization’s financial position.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policies and to assist in promoting sales.
- Assists National Account Executives with maintaining client relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Establishes and achieves prospecting and business development goals.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department to expand sales pipeline and increase sales.
- Partners with the Client Implementation team to ensure smooth customer handoffs.
- Monitors daily and weekly sales activity metrics.
- Tracks sales activities in Salesforce and uses the system’s tools to automate and ensure a consistent sales process.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with potential sales professionals to develop pipeline of new Sales department team members.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the departmental level is preferred.
- Experience with hitting sales pipeline targets is required.
- Experience building, coaching, and motivating sales teams is required.
- Experience at C-level selling across multiple verticals is required.
- Experience building a complex territory sales strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives, and quotas for the sales managers and their teams are met is required.
- Experience with marketing demand generation that drives sales leads and revenue is required.
- Experience using technology to analyze and report sales metrics is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferred. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 10 to 15 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 7 to 10 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.