Position Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely account reconciliations, month-end close, and financial reporting preparation. This position will play a critical role in the company’s accounts receivable function, including daily invoicing, sales tax management and collections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Specific Responsibilities:
· Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and apprise management team of financial health.
· Treasury Management – Manage cash flows in ERP and bank and provide leadership with working capital recommendations.
· Lead month-end close accounting, including account reconciliations, variance analysis and necessary journal entries, and provide quality information to management.
· Ensure accurate job costing through report analysis and ERP management.
· Analyze and create reporting metrics within ERP system and build controls for accountability.
· Research complex reconciliation issues and work closely with internal Controller and external accounting firm.
· Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues, providing explanations and interpretation.
· Generate and send out invoices daily.
· Set up new customers in our ERP system.
· Prepare, send, and record monthly billing for contracts.
· Create deposit invoices and process deposit payments.
· Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Verify validity of account discrepancies by investigating information from sales and customers.
· Send W-9’s and exemption certificates to appropriate parties.
· Reconcile sales tax balances to third-party provider reports and manage customer exemption certificates.
· Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts and updating aging report.
· Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Identify and implement accounting process changes in support of continued growth of the business.
· Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related projects as needed.
· Hold Self and Others Accountable to Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand:
2. Skills and qualifications:
· Accounting, organization, data entry skills, general math skills, financial software, analyzing information, attention to detail, reporting research results, verbal communication.
· Other duties as needed to meet business needs:
§ Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Identifies data relationships and dependencies. Designs workflows and procedures.
§ Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals. Conducts cost-benefit analyses. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Understands business implications of decisions.
§ Business Ethics - Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds and aligns with the organizations Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
§ Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue.
§ Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts well under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
· Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics with 2 to 4 years’ accounting experience; or equivalent experience. CPA or progress toward CPA preferred but not required.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools and Oracle based ERP system.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.