Prepares various pantry products for various food outlets such as restaurant, banquet operations, snack bar and beverage cart.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- Refers to daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper storage of food items.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, fryers, sauté burners, range and refrigeration equipment.
- Opens the kitchen properly and follows the opening checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in opening the kitchen.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to the department manager and/or supervisor.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular & reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility or
- 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently stands, walks, tastes, smells, talks, hears, uses hands to finger, handle or feel and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, crouches. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
**This is a temporary position**