YWCA Northeast Indiana is committed to the development of a broadly inclusive workplace; candidates from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for positions.
Hours: Monday through Friday, day shift; Once trained, will join the on-call rotation.
Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Provide comprehensive services to assist victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking work through crisis and attain goals leading to self-sufficiency in both residential and community settings.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- Interview and assess participants for appropriateness for entry into program, process needs to develop individualized goals related to safety, self-sufficiency, and stability.
- Provide case management for clients based upon mutually identified needs and goals; observe client’s daily living skills; redirect and/or teach skills where needed.
- Facilitate education on healthy/unhealthy relationships, support groups, life skills, and provide tools for self-sufficiency and stability.
- Help clients navigate resources, legal processes, and safety plan when in crisis due to domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking.
- Provide emotional support, while referring to mental health services when appropriate.
- Work closely with other advocates and YWCA residential staff.
- Collaborate with other service providers and/or stakeholders in order to obtain referrals into the program.
- Refer clients, according to their specific needs, to appropriate community resources and advocate on their behalf.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Participate in marketing efforts of program.
- Listen and assist clients with options as client issues arise; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Transport clients in personal vehicle, as needed.
- Travel throughout YWCA Northeast Indiana service area to provide services and network with other providers.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation to ensure support is available for program outside of business hours.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.