Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Concierge performs duties that support the provision of services to residents consistent with the mission of 75 State Street. Duties include: assistance with problem solving, activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL), ability to handle incoming phone calls, transfers in a courteous effective manner. Clerical duties, data entry, and word processing.
- Ensure the protection of residents and the preservation of their rights.
- Secure appropriate outside doors in accordance with facility procedures.
- Alert supervisor and/or police if the security of any people or property is threatened.
- Assist residents with inquiries of the services provided at 75 State Street; provide information to appropriate staff concerning service requests.
- Assist with resident transfers and ambulation as needed; provide wheelchair assistance as requested.
- Provide a safe environment for residents: responds to emergency situations appropriately; maintains a clean and welcoming entrance; and alerts proper staff about any safety concerns in entryways.
- Monitor the front entrance; provide friendly and welcoming service to all residents and their guests while maintaining facility security and resident privacy.
- Answer all phone calls and respond to inquiries; transfer calls to appropriate staff or resident as necessary.
- Opens/closes building and turns over the phone system each day.
- Maintains emergency contact information
- Maintains current resident listing with phone, unit and mailbox number
- Resolve resident mailing, photocopies and postage requests
- Provide support to 75 State Street staff as necessary.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Comply with Mandatory Reporting to Adult Protective Services and Residential Care.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to present a professional and welcoming appearance.
- Ability to follow directions and accept supervision.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to complete simple data entry after on the job training.