Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s medicines? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a focus on cancer and genetically validated targets in other disease areas with unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new therapies to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA (“rSM”). By targeting distinct RNA structure/function relationships, Arrakis is generating drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Arrakis platform is being built to drug RNA structures with small molecules targeting many aspects of RNA biology. The person in this role will contribute to efforts to identify RNA targets that can be modulated for therapeutic benefit and to evaluate the mechanism of action of therapeutic rSMs.
Leveraging your deep knowledge of RNA biology to drive innovative science to deliver novel therapeutics to patients will allow you to have a major impact on our mission. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of integrity, creativity and innovation.
- Leverage a deep understanding of the molecular mechanisms of RNA biology and proprietary internal resources to help build an RNA target identification and validation pipeline.
- Develop cell-based and biochemical assays to monitor high priority RNA modulation events in support of hit-to-lead programs.
- Generate and validate reporter systems for the deep evaluation of RNA biology mechanisms in the absence and presence of rSMs.
- Internalize appropriate NGS methodologies to evaluate RNA biology at both the targeted and transcriptome-wide levels.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with the RNA biology, RNA biochemistry, bioinformatics, assay development, and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- Record, communicate, and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology, Genetics or equivalent, with 0-5 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Strong foundational knowledge of RNA biology (mRNA splicing, translation, RNA degradation, ncRNAs, transcription), with an emphasis on mechanistic understanding of aspects of the RNA lifecycle.
- Expertise in molecular biology methods for interrogating RNA biology (qRT-PCR, RIP, eCLIP, NGS, molecular cloning) and generating and validating model systems.
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or and patents.
- Experience in with cell biology in mammalian systems is strongly preferred.
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.