PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 127th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
We are currently seeking full-time service professionals to join our dynamic and growing consulting team. Your responsibilities will focus on a broad range of consulting and advisory services relating to domestic business issues. Candidates will need a well-rounded background in accounting including tax, audit, and business consulting. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of business issues as they relate to our fast-growing client base.
Successful candidates will have experience dealing with various consulting and advisory services revolving around domestic business issues in the following areas:
• Provide advisory and planning services to various clients in varying industries.
• Develop client deliverables in a timely manner.
• Implement and map new business processes to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
• Serve as a point of contact for client’s management team.
• Work closely with SME’s to offer your client’s the best results.
• Provide technical insight and added value on industry knowledge.
• Prepare year-end financial accounting and ERISA reporting for clients; validates monthly revenue projections and responsible for data integrity.
• Participate in client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials as needed.
• Participate in client account audits and actively engages in the strategic planning process.
• Responsible for monitoring the key financial parameters of internal management. reporting and capable of proactively identifying discrepancies, trends, and results that would impact client financial objectives.
• Work on proposals.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
• Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
• Flexible work arrangements
• Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
• Dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Company-sponsored life insurance
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
• Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
• 2-5 years’ industry experience (accounting, tax, audit, consulting)
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Preferred – CPA Licensed, or working towards licensure.
• Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm
• Strong planning, analytical, research, writing and organization skills.
• Strong communication skills to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong presentation, project management, and business development skills.
• Respect for people and opinions. Drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients, colleagues and other strategic relationships.
• Ability to recognize areas of opportunity through critical evaluation and identifying solutions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of increasingly complex concepts and effectively apply knowledge to client situations.
• Dedicated to continuous improvement and development of skillsets and talents.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment and prioritize work independently to reach goals and deadlines.
• Valid Drivers License
Consultant Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.