PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
We are currently seeking full-time service professionals to join our dynamic and growing consulting team. Your responsibilities will focus on a broad range of consulting and advisory services relating to domestic business issues. Candidates will need a well-rounded background in accounting including tax, audit, and business consulting. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of business issues as they relate to our fast-growing client base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Consultant:
Successful candidates will have experience dealing with various consulting and advisory services revolving around domestic business issues in the following areas:
- Provide advisory and planning services to various clients in varying industries.
- Develop client deliverables in a timely manner.
- Implement and map new business processes to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
- Serve as a point of contact for client’s management team.
- Work closely with SME’s to offer your client’s the best results.
- Provide technical insight and added value on industry knowledge.
- Prepare year-end financial accounting and ERISA reporting for clients; validates monthly revenue projections and responsible for data integrity.
- Participate in client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials as needed.
- Participate in client account audits and actively engages in the strategic planning process.
- Responsible for monitoring the key financial parameters of internal management. reporting and capable of proactively identifying discrepancies, trends, and results that would impact client financial objectives.
- Work on proposals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years’ industry experience (accounting, tax, audit, consulting)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Preferred – CPA Licensed, or working towards licensure.
- Strong planning, analytical, research, writing and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation, project management, and business development skills.
- Respect for people and opinions. Drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients, colleagues and other strategic relationships.
- Ability to recognize areas of opportunity through critical evaluation and identifying solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of increasingly complex concepts and effectively apply knowledge to client situations.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and development of skillsets and talents.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment and prioritize work independently to reach goals and deadlines.
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com.?