PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Controller:
- This position will plan and direct the accounting operations for a variety of clients.
- Oversees all accounting operations, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the performance of the company.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Seasoned consultant that understands business ratios and performance metrics.
- Understands different technology systems and how they feed financial data into accounting systems.
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Similar experience in the not-for-profit industry is also desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 7-15 years of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.