PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Estate and Trust Tax Manager / Director:
- Develop effective income and estate tax planning methodologies and comprehensive compliance solutions for our clients.
- Review complex trust, gift, estate, and foundation tax returns.
- Prepare and review complex trust, gift, estate, and foundation tax returns.
- Research tax law, prepare tax memorandums on technical topics, and develop tax saving strategies.
- Manage all aspects of client accounts and foster client relationships.
- Consult with clients on various estate, gift, and trust related issues.
- Deal directly with the client’s attorney, wealth advisors, commercial lenders, taxing authority agents, and other third parties.
- Conduct internal training courses or seminars on technical tax subjects.
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, tax, or law. MST, LLM, or JD, preferred.
- An active CPA license.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant tax experience including knowledge of taxation codes and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of estate, gift, and trust tax returns, and trust accounting.
- Ability to supervise in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with ProSystem tax software, a plus.
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com.