PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago, Naperville and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
About Mueller Financial Services (MFSI):
At Mueller Financial Services, we’re independent when it comes to service providers, which means the client, their family, and their best interest comes first above all else. After over 25 years of business, we’ve found that a well-monitored, long-term, and customizable approach, with an abundance of investment choices across multiple investment service providers, is the financial focus that can lead to a strong future for our clients of all levels, ages, and stages.
The Lead Advisor is the cornerstone position of the financial advisory industry and our firm. The position has primary responsibility for engaging with clients, diagnosing their needs, recommending financial solutions and plans, and executing the advised course of action. Advisors may be referred to as Financial Advisor, Financial Planner, Investment Advisor or Wealth Advisor. All these positions emphasize the independent delivery of planning and advice to clients.
As the Lead Advisor role is a leadership position, there is an expectation of some administrative, management and employee development responsibilities that may not be listed here but are implied.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing new relationships and servicing existing clients.
- Makes critical client decisions such as creating or reviewing financial plans and\or investment policies, strategies as well as product recommendations.
- Leads the implementation of planning decisions and assigns client service steps to the rest of the team.
- Responsible for the sales of the firm including the execution of the firm’s marketing plan and developing the firm’s reputation through referral sources and within the community.
- Participates in critical management and service decisions, including vender evaluation, process development and execution as well as other tasks.
- Responsible for the quality control of client deliverables such as plans, analyses, or presentations.
- Actively works to recruit the professionals needed for the team.
- Supervises the work of other Advisors (Service and Support) and administrative support (Client Service Assistants).
- Leads or assists in the development of professionals in the Service Advisor and Support Advisor positions.
- Maintains high professional expertise and continues to learn new processes, strategies, and best practices.
- Serves on a committee or committees dedicated to firm improvement, the client experience, marketing/business development, operations etc.
- Accountable to team members, management, and shareholders.
Financial Services - Lead Advisor Benefits:
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Financial Services - Lead Advisor Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses.
- Lead advisors often hold degrees and designations such as CFP, AIF, CPWA, CIMA, CRPC, ChFC, CPA, among others.
- Valid Drivers License
- Lead Advisors are at the top of their profession and career. Career progression from this position typically takes the form of ownership, income, and balance of life.
- In larger firms, some advisors take on management positions such as CEO, President, Managing Partner, COO, CFO, Executive Vice President, Vice President etc.
Financial Services - Lead Advisor Skills:
- Highly developed client service skills and excellent communication skills
- Communication style that will create trust with clients and team members along with the ability to translate complex ideas into simple and understandable language
- Self-motivated and the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Marketing and client acquisition experience
- Strong personal identification with firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
Physical Demands: Standard office environment
- This position may require some local travel to client sites
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Securities offered through LPL Financial. Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through IHT Wealth Management, a registered investment advisor. IHT Wealth Management and Mueller Financial Services, Inc. are separate entities from LPL Financial.