SUMMARY: Provides support to the payroll department and ensures the timely and accurate
processing of payroll records by compiling, organizing, and entering data in the system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll
- Act as a liaison regarding employee paperwork and other payroll related issues with the
- Benefits, Human Resources, and Finance Departments to streamline processes.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into the payroll system.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data reports from HRP and other records.
- Prepare miscellaneous financial and operational reports in HRP upon request.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Act as a Payroll Specialist back-up by processing payrolls as well as prepare paychecks for distribution, both for on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls.
- Address non-escalated client and employee issues in a timely manner.
- Perform payroll audits to update client and employee data in the system.
- Assist in special projects at the direction of the Payroll Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practice and reporting of financial data.