PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago, Naperville, and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years. International Tax Managers or Directors will have the opportunity to work as a team members on diverse client engagements to include manufacturing, technology, financial institutions, not-for-profit, government contracts, healthcare, and construction clients.
The ITAX practice advises clients on outbound and inbound structure planning, foreign tax credit, worldwide tax minimization planning, transfer pricing analysis, ASC 740, FATCA, foreign assignment planning and general international business planning. This position can be done remotely. As an International Tax Manager or Director with PKF Mueller & Co. LLP, you will be responsible for the following job duties, which align with three core concepts (technical expertise, people and talent management, and client service/business development):
In your important role as an International Tax Manager or Director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Advising clients on outbound and inbound tax planning and structuring
- Researching and consulting on various international tax matters
- Performing due diligence and structuring to support the M&A practice
- Working with team members in developing and creating proposing and marketing materials
- Reviewing quantitative analysis and projects of tax associates and seniors
- Reviewing US international information reporting forms
- Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities
- Assisting in staff development and training
- Interacting with managers, directors and partners and clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required and CPA or Enrolled Agent required
- Must have at least 6+ years of international corporate tax compliance and tax consulting experience
- Experience in public accounting or law firm
International Tax Manager or Director Benefits:
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Preferred Qualifications of an International Tax Manager or Director:
- Must have a working knowledge of inbound and outbound structure planning, foreign tax credits, worldwide tax minimization planning, transfer pricing analysis, ASC 740, FATCA and foreign assignment planning
- Experience with tax compliance
- 5471, 5472, 1120F
- Must have previous US international information reporting review experience
- Must have experience in mentoring, guiding and training associates or have the ability to do so
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent tax technology skills are necessary
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong attention to details
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Valid Drivers License
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. PKF Mueller & Co. LLP is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision decision-makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
International Tax Manager or Director Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.