PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 127th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced Not For Profit (NFP) Tax Supervisor, Manager and Director to join our talented team. This person is responsible for researching and applying NFP tax laws to coordinate clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of Not For Profits tax returns.
Not for Profit Tax - Responsibilities:
- Manage Not For Profit reviews that analyze completion of Form 990, 990EZ, 990PF, 990T and state required return
- Consult with clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a NFP level
- Ability to prepare detailed tax training and developing staff
- Ability to represent clients in examinations before the IRS and state revenue departments.
- Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax related legislation and IRS pronouncements
- Ability to participate in practice administration including sales, budgeting, recruiting, scheduling, billing and collection
- Ability to receive and accomplish other responsibilities, as assigned
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Not for Profit Tax - Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation is desirable
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant
- Supervisor Level - Minimum of 3 years of Not For Profit tax compliance with at least 1 year management experience
- Manager Level - Minimum of 4 years of Not For Profit tax compliance with at least 3 years of experience with staff and client responsibilities
- Director Level - Minimum of 6 years of Not For Profit tax compliance with at least 4 years of experience with staff and client responsibilities
Not for Profit Tax - Skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and sufficient computer skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word
- Ability to supervise in a team environment
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels
- Experience with Prosystemfx tax software
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Valid Drivers License
Not for Profit Tax - Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.