The Payroll and Benefits Manager is a high-level employee contact position that leads all payroll, benefits & employee services functions. The Payroll and Benefits Manager could be either part-time or full-time depending on applicant’s skill-set and desired work/life balance. This position reports to and works collaboratively with the CFO and has additional high-level contact in working with Brinkman directors and managers. This individual will utilize interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally as well as externally. Having an all-in attitude and enthusiasm to support and help Brinkman grow is a must.
Job duties include:
· Process semi-monthly payroll for salaried and hourly employees using Paylocity
· Reviews, processes, and approves all payroll data (salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, etc.
· Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
· Responds to payroll inquiries from managers and employees.
· Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
· Identifies and recommends updates to payroll procedures.
· Processes 401k transactions with Principal. Assists in annual 401k reporting and compliance matters.
· Responds to 401k inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
· Leads benefits enrollment process. Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in the HRIS.
· Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
· Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
· Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal health ordinances.
· Assists with new-hire orientations (entering employee information to HRIS, employment eligibility verification, time, and attendance training, etc.)
· Assists with labor law compliance, employee payroll, time tracking and benefits education.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· Experience processing payroll through Paylocity
· 3 to 5 years of payroll and benefits experience including handling tax reporting, record administration, benefits reconciliations, and payroll systems management & maintenance
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word and ppt.
· Experience assisting with labor law compliance is a plus.
· Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive information
· Ability to build strong working relationships and provide excellent internal & external customer service
· Experience handling confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attentive to details, proactive & deadline oriented
· Strong customer-service focus. ability to interact effectively with managers & employees at all levels of the organization
The annualized budgeted salary for this position is $62,000 - $72,000 commensurate with experience.
About Brinkman Real Estate
Brinkman Real Estate provides strategic insight and access to property investment opportunities throughout the Intermountain West. Our approach balances purpose with profit to acquire and activate properties to increase comfort for tenants while maximizing predictability and return for investors. Brinkman’s investment portfolio includes diverse assets from multi-family, mixed-use, office, hospitality and retail. We are a certified B Corp and have received such industry honors as NAIOP Deal of the Year Finalist, NAIOP Innovative Project of the Year Finalist, Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, Colorado Companies to Watch, and Colorado State University Real Estate Hall of Fame.
For more information about Brinkman, please visit www.BrinkmanRE.com.
Our Core Values
Be All In Be the Change Communicate Authentically Do the Right Thing
Our core values are present in every interaction you have with us. From how we hire to how we manage our properties, we aim to lead by example and set the highest standard of accountability.