iSpace Environments is looking for a Project Manager to oversee the project preparation and on-site activities of our office furniture installation projects.
The goal of their role is to:
- · Provide a Positive Customer Experience
- o Proactive project planning
- o Issue/Risk mitigation
- o Frequent and meaningful communication
- · Maintain and/or increase project margins
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Proactively Manages Project Installations
· Responsible for ensuring all customer solutions are properly prepared
o Partnering with Sales & Design to review sold solutions and identify all Client Requirements
o Finalize Scope of Work, review with client and obtain approval
o Identifying and communicating any Client Requirements found through site visits, construction meetings and/or reviewing solution designs
o Communicate needs and requirements of other trades involved in projects
o Review final solutions to ensure solutions will function as designed
o Solicit labor estimates (internal and external)
· Collaborates with Field Services manager to identify resource allocation and scheduling needs
o Work to appropriately identify resources needed for all installations
o Identify optimal schedule for installation, balancing customer needs with Company needs
o Ensure time is allotted for hand-off meetings, product preparation, job closing paperwork and post-op meetings as needed
· Conduct site visits and audit as needed throughout the project to ensure all issues and challenges are proactively identified
o Attend weekly construction meetings to ensure iSpace is represented by a professional expert
o Conduct pre-install site visits as needed to ensure all client requirements have been met and site is ready for installation
· Approve projects for purchasing
o Balance schedule needs with iSpace cash flow position (deposits are paid, three weeks prior to installation, no rush freight needed, etc.)
o Provide direction to purchasing to ensure product is delivered to the right place at the right time
· Provide direction to Field Team for a successful installation
o Prepare installation folders for technicians: checklists, drawings, parts lists, SOW, PIW, etc.
o Review installations with technicians prior to installation
o Regularly visit job-sites to inspect progress
· Monitors installation progress and works with Field Team to identify when Change Orders are needed
o Client requirements were not met as stated in SOW prior to technician arrival
o Work done by other trades has impeded iSpace’s ability to complete on-time
o Room availability changed from agreed upon days/times with client
o Additional work is requested by client on-site
o Change in work is request by client on-site
o Client was not available for testing and signoff when agreed upon
· Provides frequent and meaningful communication
o Creates, manages and updates Project Status report
o Assigns team tasks and follows up to completion
o Regularly updates clients (internal and external) on project status utilizing Project Status Report
§ Minimum weekly updates during engineering/prep phase
§ Daily updates during installation
o Notifies appropriate team members when issues are identified
o Follows Customer Connect Program
· Conducts final installation audits to ensure deliverables are met to iSpace stated standards
o Confirm job-site standards are met; professional conduct, clean environment, organized rack installations, etc. Re-direct if not complete
o Identify all punch list items and assign appropriately for completion
o Confirm all project completion standards are met; as-builts, sign-off documents, code, etc. Re-direct if not complete
o Photos finished job-site
· Conducts Project Close-out Process
o Schedule customer walk-throughs
o Obtain project sign-offs
o Complete RMA’s as needed, and ensure equipment/gear is returned to iSpace
o Assembles project documentation, ensures all is attached and sends to customer
o Submits project folder to accounting for invoicing
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
- We are EXPERTS: We provide well thought out solutions to support our client’s business needs.
- We are RESOURCEFUL: We will find ways to get it done and make it look easy.
- We VALUE all PARTNERSHIPS: Our partners are not viewed as transactions, but friends. We support each other and celebrate in each other’s successes.
- We believe in TEAMWORK: All of us together are better than each of us alone.
- We have FUN: Having fun is part of our work experience. We bring our culture to life by enjoying ourselves and each other.
3. Other duties as needed to meet business needs
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Analytical Skills – Collects and researches data. Designs workflows and procedures. Identifies data relationships and dependencies. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of 4+ years field experience with Field Project Management, construction or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Furniture Project Management experience a plus.
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook; KHAM proficiency (internal candidates); or the ability to become proficient in KHAM (external candidates).
Certificates and Licenses:
· PMP Certification is a plus
Other Requirements: Willingness and ability to work beyond 40 hours per week during peak periods to ensure client needs are met. Ability and willingness to travel as well as work evenings or weekends is required.
· Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
· Ability to conduct a thorough site visit
· Ability to document a high level of detail
· Comprehensive understanding of resource management and scheduling
· Technical knowledge in audio - video industry
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.