Banquet Cook – Provides high quality food production for banquet functions and private parties. Engages with banquet staff and event guest to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Manages the menu planning, costing and execution and employee supervision for banquet functions including holiday buffets, Sunday brunch and other special occasions.
- Full time employment: 30(+) hours week
- Year-round employment
- $16 hourly starting wage
- Benefits after 90 days of employment
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Responsible for consistent use of safe work practices by all banquet staff.
- Understands and consistently follows food safety practices.
- Establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance.
- Assists in preparing and interpreting the banquet event order (BEO).
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Ideal Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Positive, Creative, and Adaptable Personality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and under pressure while maintaining high standards
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Driven and focused on always providing the best quality of service and food
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current ServSafe Certification preferred
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- A minimum of three years in a food preparation position encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation
- Must be available to work day, evenings, weekends, and holidays
West Shore Country Club offers to all employees:
• Paid on the job training
• Fun and enjoyable work environment
• Limited Employee Golfing Privileges
• Company Provided Meals
• Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
• A Winning Team for all to succeed
West Shore Country Club Full Time Employees receive:
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
• 401K with company match
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Company Paid STD, LTD and AD&D insurance