General Statement of Duties:
Reporting to the Home Hospice Team Leader provides dietary consulting services to Coastal Hospice patients
(and/or their primary care provider) receiving hospice services. Provides professionally related staff education.
1. Makes home visits or telephone calls to patients with unusually difficult nutritional problems.
2. Provides guidance and instruction to Coastal Hospice staff and volunteers.
3. Advises staff concerning implementation of therapeutic prescriptions.
4. Demonstrates excellent customer service for both internal and external customers.
5. Designs appropriate dietary regimens for individual patients, giving consideration to family practices
and economic status.
6. Provides quarterly staff education.
7. Documents services within 24 hours and according to Coastal Hospice policies and procedures.
1. Current Maryland license/registration as a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionist.
2. Membership in the American Dietetic Association desirable.