General Statement of Duties: Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, provides speech therapy services to Coastal Hospice patients. Actively participates in Multidisciplinary Team/Multidisciplinary Team meetings. Assumes professionally related responsibilities as requested by the Director of Clinical Services.
1. Performs a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation which reflects the nature and severity of the disorder and the frequency and goals of treatment of each newly referred patient with a communicative disorder.
2. Develops care plans for assessed patients; participates in Hospice Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
3. Teaches patient families appropriate means of implementing the care plan.
4. Confers regularly with the Director of Clinical Services regarding patients' progress.
5. Conducts an on-going treatment program for those patients identified as having a communicative disorder.
6. Communicates with attending physician concerning speech therapy and documents this in patient's record.
7. Reviews speech therapy care plan with patient/family with the goal of their accepting appropriate responsibility for its implementation.
8. Documents services rendered within 24 hours. Maintains clinical records so that problems, actions, and goals are accurate and clearly stated.
9. Provides a discharge summary when therapy services are terminated.
10. Adheres to Coastal Hospice policies as well as rules and regulations of state, federal and accrediting bodies that aid in determining those policies.
1. Current Maryland license in Speech Pathology issued by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Speech Pathologists.
2. Certification of Clinical Competence from American Speech-Language-Hearing Association desirable.
3. Understanding and acceptance of Coastal Hospice philosophy of care and policies.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to make sound professional judgments with a minimum of direct supervision.
5. Emotionally mature and confident.
6. Willingness to accept supervision and to continue professional development.
7. Motivation to work for the dying and bereaved according to the hospice concept and Coastal Hospice policies.
8. Successful completion of Coastal Hospice. orientation for contract providers.
9. Access to vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto liability insurance to $300,000.