PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
The Senior Tax associate provides tax services to PKFMueller clients by preparing tax returns, related schedules and related reports for local, state, and federal government returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Senior Tax Associate:
- Provides detailed federal and state income tax support.
- Schedules and prepares tax returns including multi-state.
- Maintains tax files, and tax document retention.
- Aids tax department management with tax planning and research.
- Communicates with other tax professionals and clients effectively through all forms of communication.
- Ability to retain a detailed knowledge regarding preparation of income tax provisions.
- Fulfills continuing education requirements to maintain CPA licensure.
- Ability to receive and accomplish other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Helps manage Tax Associate’s projects and workloads.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation desirable.
- Pursuing or active CPA license, enrolled agent.
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience.
- Practiced in preparing federal and state returns for C and S corporations, partnerships, individuals, trusts.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and sufficient computer skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
- Ability to supervise in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels.
- Experience with CCH Axcess tax software a plus.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com.