PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
We are currently seeking an experienced State and Local Tax (SALT) Manager to join our talented team. The SALT Manager is responsible for researching and applying multi-state tax laws to coordinate clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual and fiduciary tax returns.
This role can be performed onsite at one of our PKF Mueller office locations, or the role can be fully remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of State and Local Tax Manager:
- Manage multi-state reviews that analyze franchise, income, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that reduce client’s tax burden.
- Consult with clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement
- Work directly with state auditors to resolve client audit issues.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level.
- Prepare detailed tax training and developing staff.
- Provide detailed business recommendations to corporate, pass through, multi-state and international clients.
- Represent clients in examinations before the IRS and state revenue departments.
- Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements.
- Participate in practice administration including sales, budgeting, recruiting, scheduling, billing and collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation is desirable.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum of three (3) years of state and local tax compliance.
- Minimum of three(3) years of management experience with staff and client responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and sufficient computer skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and Word.
- Ability to supervise in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels.
- Experience with Prosystemfx tax software.
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at email@example.com.