PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced State and Local Tax (SALT) Manager to join our talented team. The SALT Tax Manager is responsible for researching and applying multi-state tax laws to coordinate clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual and fiduciary tax returns.
State and Local Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage multi-state reviews that analyze franchise, income, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that reduce client’s tax burden
- Consult with clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement • Work directly with state auditors to resolve client audit issues
- Maintains advanced knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level
- Ability to prepare detailed tax training and developing staff
- Ability to provide detailed business recommendations to corporate, pass through, multi-state and international clients
- Ability to represent clients in examinations before the IRS and state revenue departments.
- Responsible for monitoring and applying federal and state income tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements
- Ability to participate in practice administration including sales, budgeting, recruiting, scheduling, billing and collection
- Ability to receive and accomplished other responsibilities, as assigned
State and Local Tax Manager Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation is desirable
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of three years of state and local tax compliance
- Minimum of three years of management experience with staff and client responsibilities
- Valid Drivers License
State and Local Tax Manager Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and sufficient computer skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and Word
- Ability to supervise in a team environment
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels
- Experience with Prosystemfx tax software
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Valid Drivers License
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.