United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Child Care team helps families in Connecticut find child care that best meets their needs.
This team needs a motivated Child Care Early Childhood Specialist to represent United Way of Connecticut and 2-1-1 Child Care in the community. With a focus on helping families and early care and education providers to offer positive learning experiences and outcomes, the Child Care Early Childhood Specialist promotes quality improvement activities by conducting presentations and trainings on early care- and education- related topics to early care and education professionals, parents, and community groups. The Child Care Early Childhood Specialist also plans and implements provider recruitment events.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Research and develop curricula for trainings and workshops for early care professionals and families to support quality improvement.
- Deliver trainings and technical assistance to center-based and home-based providers on topics related to child development, quality improvement, health and safety, business practices, and other related topics.
- Identify specific geographic areas and target groups for child care provider recruitment and does outreach to connect with these populations. Develop and implement an annual plan for recruitment of family day care providers in targeted areas.
- Develop and deliver quality improvement activities to providers in targeted areas.
- Develop and deliver presentations to inform and educate community groups, families, and child care providers about 2-1-1 Child Care services, and the child care subsidy program.
- Conduct evidence-based assessments and creates actions plans for programs
- Compile and analyze data and reports on resource development activities (capacity building and professional development) and community/recruitment activities and participants.
- Develop and distribute consumer education materials to community organizations and professionals to market 2-1-1 Child Care Services throughout Connecticut.
- Stay current on state/federal program and funding initiatives which impact the early childhood system in Connecticut.
- Maintain close working relationship with 2-1-1 Child Care and Child Care Services Leadership Team.
- Communicate updated information on community services and programs to 2-1-1 Child Care and other UWC units.
- Maintain accurate calendar of scheduled activities and mileage and expense records related to outreach.
- Consistently meet defined production and quality standards.
The Pay & Benefits: $23.00 per hour pay rate.
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,800 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some weekends and evenings required; (Full-Time)
- Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor's degree (required) in child development, education or related field.
- Knowledge of quality measuring tools such as the Environmental Ratings Scales, Business Administrative Scale and Program Administrative Scale.
- Knowledge of methods of how to best support the social emotional learning of young children to include Pyramid Model practices.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish required.
- Training and understanding of effective evidence based coaching practices.
- Knowledge and/or training in Adult Learning Theory.
- Knowledge of Connecticut’s Core Areas of Knowledge Competencies, Early Learning Development Standards, Head Start Standards and NAEYC Standards for accreditation.
- Minimum of three years’ experience including outreach with the child care or education system in Connecticut.
- Administrative experience including program and reporting responsibilities.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Valid CT driver's license, registration, insurance and reliable transportation required at all times for travel to meetings and trainings.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS October 28, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.