Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian's proud history dates back over 70 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers and the reputation of our company.
Meridian's Aircraft Detailers provide cleaning and detailing services to private aircraft on a 24/7 basis. We are currently hiring for a part-time position with variable 8-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. Flexibility in scheduled working hours is required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Experience is preferred but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the interior and exterior cleaning and detailing of all transient aircraft requesting detailing services
- Provide occasional cleaning services for company facilities, vehicles and equipment
- Perform all aspects for aircraft cleaning and detailing
- Liaison with flight crew, dispatch/flight operations, and maintenance personnel on all aircraft cleaning matters
- Ensure all aircraft are cleaned and detailed to Company standards, including:
- Sanitizing and wiping down all commonly touched surfaces using our chosen disinfectant and cleaner throughout aircraft interior.
- Monitoring conditions of aircraft leather, side walls, carpets, etc. reporting any possible damage that may be found upon detailing job request. Reporting of any unusual fluid leaks on exterior to the customer.
- Touching up of aircraft paint in problem areas (brush touch-ups) upon request.
- Checking the condition of cabin blankets, pillows, and linens upon request. Cleaning as requested.
- Maintaining a safe and organized workspace during and at the end of every shift.
- Protect aircraft undergoing maintenance inspections by applying protective materials as needed upon request
- Protect/clean hangar floor during big detailing jobs such as bright work polishing
- Maintain proper care and use of detailing equipment
- Steady bending, leaning, and lifting is required
- Provide services to all Meridian locations in Teterboro, NJ
- Keep an organized and tidy hangar
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System and OSHA training and program
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Other assigned duties as needed
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence with attention given to grammar and spelling
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Primary language is English; bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environments may be extreme hot or cold during certain seasons of the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.