United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Child Care team helps families in Connecticut find child care that best meets their needs.
This team needs a Child Care Referral Specialist to handle cases relating to child care. The Child Care Referral Specialist assesses clients' needs and acts as a support system to parents and providers offering consumer education and counseling as needed on various child care issues.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Effectively handle child care inquiries through various communication platforms including telephone, email, and live chat.
- Provide referral options of day care facilities to parents looking for child care.
- Provide information and consumer education to parents and providers on specific issues related to child care including quality indicators, licensing and applicable resources available.
- Meet defined quality and productivity standards.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Document all actions within defined software system including narrative and statistical records of client contacts.
- Assist parents of contracted corporate clients in accord with particular client's needs as in accordance with the contract
- Serve as an expert source of knowledge of the program.
- Update information in child care database on an ongoing basis as directed.
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Full-Time)
The Pay & Benefits: $18.00 per hour pay rate.
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,000 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood development, education, counseling, or other related field plus one year’s experience in child care (preferred), or Associate's degree in early childhood development, education, counseling or other related field plus two years’ experience in child care required.
- Ability to use required technology and supporting software systems.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS October 28, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.