PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas. Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
The Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, applying tax laws and coordinating clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual and fiduciary tax returns. Responsibilities will include tax research, planning and consulting with clients. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for interfacing with the Audit, Accounting Services and Tax Department professionals in regards to project management, time management, general direction and guidance.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
• Ability to provide detailed business recommendations to corporate, pass through, multi-state and international clients through in-person meetings with the client and written communication.
• Ability to retain detailed knowledge regarding preparation and review of complicated tax provisions and provide counsel and recommendations on the tax implications.
• Ability to monitor and apply tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements.
• Ability to maintain expert knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning.
• Works on complex technical issues while communicating in a non-technical manner; facilitates communication between the client and service team, delegates work on a consistent basis.
• Recognizes client issues, risk tolerance, and provides appropriate guidance.
• Ability to implement a marketing and sales plan for new tax clients, including travel outside the office, networking events, etc.
• Is a key trusted advisor and acts as a forward-thinking change agent. Helps clients see the direction of industry trends and how to evolve the business.
• Actively participates in the firm’s sales by generating new revenue on the existing client portfolio and new clients for the firm.
• Acts as a manager of engagements.
• Actively supports and aids in the development of firm policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Trains firm employees in specialized knowledge areas or industry expertise.
• Assists in developing staff.
• Strong personal identification with firm values and intrinsic values in our industry.
• Valid Drivers License
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
• Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
• Flexible work arrangements
• Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
• Dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Company-sponsored life insurance
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
• Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply