PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
The Tax Manager / Director is responsible for organizing, applying tax laws and coordinating clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual and fiduciary tax returns. Responsibilities will include tax research, planning and consulting with clients. The Tax Manager / Director will also be responsible for interfacing with the Audit, Accounting Services and Tax Department professionals in regards to project management, time management, general direction and guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Tax Manager / Director:
- Ability to provide detailed business recommendations to corporate, pass through, multi-state and international clients through in-person meetings with the client and written communication.
- Ability to retain detailed knowledge regarding preparation and review of complicated tax provisions and provide counsel and recommendations on the tax implications.
- Ability to monitor and apply tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements.
- Ability to maintain expert knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning.
- Works on complex technical issues while communicating in a non-technical manner; facilitates communication between the client and service team, delegates work on a consistent basis.
- Recognizes client issues, risk tolerance, and provides appropriate guidance.
- Ability to implement a marketing and sales plan for new tax clients, including travel outside the office, networking events, etc.
- Is a key trusted advisor and acts as a forward-thinking change agent. Helps clients see the direction of industry trends and how to evolve the business.
- Actively participates in the firm’s sales by generating new revenue on the existing client portfolio and new clients for the firm.
- Acts as a manager of engagements.
- Actively supports and aids in the development of firm policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Trains firm employees in specialized knowledge areas or industry expertise.
- Assists in developing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation desirable.
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant.
- 8+ years of public accounting experience.
- Minimum of 4 years in a leadership role
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.