PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 127th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
Technical Audit Manager Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Manage key components of multiple audit engagements including planning, risk assessment, team management, and delivery of exceptional client service.
- Perform primary research on technical accounting topics in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the United States.
- Identify, oversee and implement new authoritative accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare technical accounting analysis, related to, but not limited to:
- ASC 606 – revenue recognition and contract review
- ASC 842 – lease accounting
- Equity method investments
- Purchase Accounting
- Stock-based compensation
- Derivative accounting and hedging
- Other areas, as necessary
- Provide technical guidance on unique transactions including acquisitions, divestitures (discontinued operations), spin-offs, cost and equity method investments, restructuring charges and debt offerings.
- Review financial statements and footnotes for compliance with US GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Implement new policies or update current policies based upon changes in accounting standards.
- Lead and manage other special accounting projects, as needed.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Technical Audit Manager Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA 7-10 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS, SEC reporting and IFRS
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Typical office setting. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Travel required as needed
- Valid Drivers License
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.