PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
PKF Mueller is seeking a competent Technical Support Analyst to provide punctual and useful technical assistance on computer systems in our Illinois Offices (Elgin, Naperville, Orland Park, Chicago). You will answer queries on technical hardware and software issues and offer advice to solve them. The right candidate must have excellent communications skills, be customer-oriented, security-oriented and be able to exercise patience when dealing with end-users. Must be self-motivated and take responsibility for the job at hand.
Technical Support Analyst Primary Responsibilities
- Provide support to end-users on a variety of issues.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support. The document, track, and monitor the problem using ticket tracking software.
- Interface with application vendors as needed to resolve specialized issues.
- Perform hardware and software installations including Windows Client Operating systems, Microsoft 365 & Office applications, desktops, laptops, and printers.
- Maintain and update security systems including endpoint protection software and VPN client software.
- Reload and redeploy laptops.
- Assist in asset tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
- Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
- Dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
- Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Technical Support Analyst Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365/2016, VPN clients, printers.
- Understands how network environments work.
- Working knowledge of end-user computer hardware and printers.
- Accounting software knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Willingness to learn and support new applications and hardware.
- Ability to communicate with end-users and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respectful, Inspiring, Dedicated, Enthusiastic.
- Valid Drivers License
- Office environment
- Travel is required on a regular basis between multiple locations in the Chicagoland area and suburbs.
- This is a salaried position and overtime is required during the busy season, must be willing to put in extra hours and be on call.
Education/Years of Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience, certifications a plus.
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.