This position is located in Evanston, Illinois
The Equity Trainer is a catalyst for change, a dynamic trainer and facilitator skilled at coordinating and delivering equity trainings. The Equity Trainer, reporting to the Learning Development Manager, facilitates learning with diverse audiences and ensures timely and accurate completion of critical administrative tasks, including administration of training curricula and data collection. This role works closely with the Learning Development Manager supporting program design, program planning, intersectional equity training, and consulting services emphasizing racial equity. The Equity Trainer assists the organization in responding to the learning needs of a diverse community audience, partnering in a manner that positions the organization as a regional leader on equity training and consultation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training and Development (50%)
- Facilitates difficult dialogues and experiential learning around equity and justice in multiple locations with diverse audiences.
- Collaborates with Learning Development Manager in developing content and design of curricula and other racial and gender equity programming
- Seeks tools and practices to improve accessibility for all learning resources.
- Supports internal equity work through training and facilitation for staff.
- Supports volunteer and facilitator recruitment and training.
- Consistently seeks development in training and facilitation skills, strategies, and theories
- Coordinates training logistics, communications, and registration processes in collaboration with multiple departments.
- Coordinates the implementation of comprehensive program evaluation.
- Gives consistent feedback on ways to shift learning strategy based on analysis of participant feedback and program evaluation.
Community Outreach (10%)
- Participates in community coalitions and networks that foster their learning and collaboration
- Fosters positive relationships with community participants, volunteers, and facilitators.
- Writes educational and outreach content for newsletters, websites, and/or social media as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (5%)
- Attends agency meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Understands and adheres to all of YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and/or Training
- Professional writing experience with diverse audiences
- Public speaking experience with diverse audiences
- Training in political or social theory that explores systems of power and oppression with an emphasis on systems of racism and white supremacy
- At least two years of designing and delivering community-based trainings on intersectional equity issues with an emphasis on racial equity.
- Experience facilitating group discussions with diverse populations around issues of equity.
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Teams.
- Intermediate proficiency with virtual meeting technology.
- Reliable access to a personal automobile to conduct employer business
Experience and/or Training
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience with accessible training platforms and tools.
- Intermediate proficiency with virtual learning and training platforms and supportive tools