Marketing Manager Job Posting
Wayside Publishing, a World Languages leader specializing in the 6-12th grade market, is seeking an innovative and creative marketing manager. This role will lead a team that supports external messaging and campaigns and internal organizational support across teams. Wayside is a rapidly growing company, with a role-up-your-sleeves mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit. This role will require attention to details and process, along with the ability to think big-picture to position the company for continued growth.
The ideal candidate will be an independent thinker and a hands-on manager with excellent people and communication skills. Candidates must have a clear record of creating and executing data-informed campaigns.
The marketing manager will continue transitioning our new acquisition of a World Languages reader company along with our core proficiency-based products. This position reports to and works closely with the Sales and Marketing Senior, ensuring that annual sales goals are met through appropriate campaigns.
This position is remote but must reside in the continental US. We encourage candidates with a love of languages and cultures, along with a commitment to providing top-notch products to teachers and students to apply.
- Manage a team of six highly productive team members, including the following areas: email marketing, video design and production, social media, marketing design, conferences, communities' oversight, copywriting, survey production and analysis, maintenance of company websites, sales support campaigns, internal cross-team support, and more.
- Collaboration and executive internal needs such as outbound surveys, internal/external communications, development or revision processes, targeted email campaigns, conference organization (logistics, speakers, etc), teacher-trainer support, and more.
- Oversee annual conference calendar including exhibitor and sponsorship placements, filling speaker and workshop sessions, promoting conference and sessions, signage, and booth components, achieving conference goals for reviews and exposure, analysis of conferences to better inform continued participation, etc.
- Continue the team’s journey in improving data and analytics reporting and interpretation.
- Prepare and lead individual team members weekly 1:1 meetings. The goal is to manage and prioritize workload and continued personal and professional development.
- Drive weekly marketing meetings to include marketing team, Senior Manager, and Group VP.
- Plan, facilitate, and execute annual marketing summit. The end goal is to produce the marketing plan and campaigns for the next sales cycle (one year).
- Manage and oversee all social media and external communications ensuring the right tone and messaging is always delivered and represent Wayside’s mission and ethical standards.
- React quickly and confidently to urgent issues.
- Manage and develop annual marketing budget and monthly updates.
- Serve as Wayside’s brand manager; evolving the brand based on industry and market trends and product positioning.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent marketing experience and/or education required.
- Experience managing a team of diverse roles: email marketing, product marketing, social media, analytics, brand management, marketing design and video production and execution, and more.
- 5+ years of successful marketing experience developing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns.
- A minimum of 3 years experience overseeing social media, video output, and marketing design.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and improving current processes, campaigns, and results. Experience driving revenue growth.
- At least 2 years of conference/trade show experience.
- Preferred experience using Salesforce and Pardot.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously.
- Must be data-driven with a focus on return-on-investment dollars and resources.
- Ability to collaborate extensively and constructively across departments; excellent communication and problem-solving skills are critical.
What We Offer
Wayside Publishing is a K-12 publisher based in Freeport, Maine. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by current research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of interculturality, global citizenship, and lifelong learning. Join our team!
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE