The Homewise mission is to create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so that individuals and families can improve their long-term financial well-being and quality of life. We empower and support clients with financial education and coaching, real estate services, affordable mortgage lending, and down payment assistance, loan servicing, refinance and home improvement lending. We also strengthen neighborhoods by increasing homeownership through real estate development, property rehabilitation, and revitalizing communities.
We are seeking an experienced communication professional to join our senior leadership team as the Senior Director of Communications. The mission of the Senior Director of Communications is to serve as a strategic partner on the senior leadership team as the communications leader of the organization. Providing specific expertise and direction in the areas of strategic communications, marketing & outreach, public relations, and ensuring clear, cohesive, and consistent communication internally and externally.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven, dynamic, high-energy work environment that focuses on creating positive change, consider a career with Homewise. We offer our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development
- Growth opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All members of the senior leadership team work collaboratively to set and implement organizational strategy and direction while ensuring we are achieving our mission in a highly impactful and organizationally sustainable way.
Additionally, the Senior Director, Communications is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
Strategic Communications Leadership
- Serve as the communications advisor to the President and entire Senior Leadership Team on all aspects of strategic communication including branding and marketing, public and media relations, investor relations, community relations, and strategic growth.
- Lead the organization’s communication strategy through periods of growth and transformation by cultivating trust, both within the organization and with all of its external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the HomeWisdom Program Manager to support a visibility and engagement strategy to position Homewise for impact among target policy audiences: media, policymakers, advocates.
- Direct the Program Effectiveness Manager to gather data and information about the impact of our work, analyze and share this information back with staff in order to improve the effectiveness of our approach and drive greater impact.
Marketing Team Leadership:
- Oversee the Marketing Director in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and outreach strategy to advance and achieve the organization’s growth and expansion goals as outlined in the strategic plan, developing appropriate annual goals and a range of activities that reflect and support this strategy.
- Ensure that the organization raises brand awareness to potential clients through successful marketing strategies and outreach partnerships with businesses, organizations, and institutions to increase Homewise’s ability to achieve our strategic and service unit goals.
- Lead strategically-focused efforts to identify, cultivate and grow high-value relationships with businesses, organizations, and institutions to increase access to their employees, their customers, and their financial support.
- Ensure cohesive collaboration with Homewise department leaders to understand their needs and oversee the marketing team to develop strategic and tactical marketing plans for existing and new programs and projects to deliver the best possible marketing support.