As part of the Wild Health Clarity Engineering team, you will be actively involved in building Android application features using Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM). As part of a team with diverse skill sets, you will have an opportunity to provide your own unique value while also learning from the senior and architectural mentors on the team. A candidate will be expected to deliver quality software in a timely manner defined within each sprint. Each member of the team should possess a willingness to contribute to an overall team goal by not only producing software for their individual tasks, but also assisting teammates in order to move the entire product forward.
What You Will Enjoy about this Role
- Delivering the engineering aspect of a professional software development process that starts from stakeholders and product management.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to estimate timeframes, prioritize tasks and set a developer acceleration strategy with KMM as a central framework.
- Working closely with product management when new features are being considered by safeguarding the performance or quality of the existing product.
- Participating in technical discussions and communicating your ideas or vision to others.
- Being challenged by discussing sophisticated problems and being open to debates and brainstormings.
- Identifying technical and organizational challenges our teams will face with KMM, charting a course for overcoming them over time, and leading efforts to implement your plan.
About Wild Health - Engineering
Wild Health is about optimizing you. We use genomics, blood work, biometrics, micro biome assessment, and a conversation with you to come up with a personalized comprehensive health plan.
Our goal is to determine the perfect diet, exercise, supplement, and habit plan for each individual patient.
This is done through an iterative process of evaluating thousands of published papers and building computer models to express those results.
Clarity is the brand given to the software application that both patients and the Wild Health team use to facilitate this experience. This is a mature ecosystem of various frontend applications, backend applications, databases, event streaming services, and other third party service integrations.
The team is more than a functional unit, it’s a family. Each member not only cares about the mission of delivering great software but also is invested in the personal growth of each other. Our weekly processes reflect this mission. Retrospective meetings held at the end of each sprint are designed to facilitate communication and care around improving everyone on the team.
- 5+ years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
- 3+ years of experience developing Android apps exclusively with Kotlin.
- Familiar with some combination of Kotlin, Swift, and Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Experience with agile development processes, working in a fast-paced environment with scheduled release planning.
- Prepared to develop a long-term plan with incremental phasing, and comfortable with adapting your plan over time as the landscape changes.
- An ability to adapt to changing situations where new languages, technologies, or other features will be introduced.
- Experience with profiling tools to identify inefficiencies and improve app stability.
- Strong skills writing and testing code in Kotlin.
- Strong knowledge of multi-threading, application deep linking, services and data binding.
- Understanding of Java concurrency and memory management.
- Strong knowledge interacting with RESTful APIs or GraphQL and data formats (like JSON).
- Solid background in OOP, and knowledge of software design patterns and best practices is essential.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Experience using Source Control (Git).
Technology landscape you will encounter
- Android development and builds with Gradle.
- Android and iOS continuous integration builds using LaunchDarkly.
- Monorepos for Android and iOS.