Greenville University is seeking to fill a full-time position for a professor with expertise in Nursing. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Department of Biology and Chemistry, and serve as the advisor for pre-nursing students. Preferred requirements include a minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing (or related field), with at least five to ten years experience. Preference will be shown for those with some teaching or supervisory experience, and a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students in a robust learning community will be expected.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Teaching courses in the following areas: General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Comparative Anatomy.
· The selected candidate will also contribute to teaching introductory courses for the biology major and/or general education science courses.
· Providing academic and career advising to students in biology, particularly those in the pre-nursing track.
· Recruitment and retention of pre-nursing students.
· Serving on Department and University committees
· Performing other responsibilities as defined by the University.
· Graduate degree in the biological sciences or health professions.
· A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Greenville University.
· A commitment to excellence in teaching in the context of an undergraduate, liberal arts education.
· Experience in engaging students in learning in settings that may include classroom, laboratory, and online.
· Knowledge of the field with a willingness to engage undergraduate students in research.
· Desire to mentor undergraduate students in vocational, academic, research, and career goals.
· A commitment to the integration of Christian faith with the field of nursing and the discipline of biology.
· Commitment to competent inter-cultural teaching
· Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
· Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.