Job Title: Lead AV/LV Technician
Department: Field Services
Reports To: Field Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Perform installation tasks for audio visual and low voltage/structured cabling projects including but not limited to: cable pulls, cable terminations, system equipment and components, rack fabrication/wiring, layout for equipment and metal fabrication. The Lead AV/LV Technician will be expected to direct installation crews (internal or subcontracted) on large/complex projects and engage in specific system testing by coordinating and reporting progress to Project Manager ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following successfully; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lead and execute installation plans of projects as assigned by Project Management, which may include wire pulling, terminations, rack assembly, fiber terminations, wire management, and equipment mounting.
· Provide work direction to project installation team.
· Test systems upon completion to ensure systems function properly. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct technical issues on site.
· Assist in the proper training of other technicians.
· Test, train and instruct customers and fellow internal team members on the proper use of equipment and systems.
· Read and interpret construction documents, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
· Investigate and resolve open issues with vendor support teams.
· Obtain technical certifications as directed by management to further develop your career.
· Work with Service Hub to assist in resolving escalated service calls may be required.
· Help to ensure all projects are done within the scope of work that is defined, installed within the predefined budget and customer deadline.
· Provide daily, written updates to Project Management.
· Document and submit final as-build (if needed) for installed solutions.
· Document and fill out weekly timecards and expense reports.
· Travel outside the Twin Cities Metro area may be required to install customer solutions. Our primary geographic areas of concentration for sales opportunities are based in a 100-mile radius of the Minneapolis/St Paul; however, regional and national projects may arise and require travel to these areas.
· Maintain control over inventory in iSpace and technician's possession and ensure proper accounting.
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
· Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
· Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
· Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
· Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
· Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
· Fun: Be Positive. Fresh. Collaborate.
3. Other duties as needed to meet business needs.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Managing People – Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes oneself available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lead Technician Requirements:
· Provide training and mentorship to Level 1 and Level 2 Technicians
· Communicates work direction
· Task specifics
· Completes jobs on-time by delegating
· Takes personal ownership of installations and quality of work for self and assigned crews
· Efficient with advanced trouble-shooting
· Review schematics and identify potential design flaws prior to installation
· Completed PLT Certification
· Minimum 5+ years of Low Voltage/ Structured Cabling specific field installation experience
· Conducts advanced customer training
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of 3 - 5 years in audiovisual, structured cablings, electronics or related industry installation experience required
· Formal education in Audio Visual, Electronics, or related field preferred
· Confirmed Project Site Lead Role experience preferred
· Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets iSpace Environments Driving Privileges standards
· Ability to obtain formal approved clearances (Government or system specific) required.
Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including proficiency with Outlook and Teams.
· Skilled at providing work direction and delegation to install technicians
· Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and clients at various levels
· Flexible, adaptable and open to others' ideas
· Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
· Strong sense of personal accountability
· Ability to command a field crew from onset to completion of an integrated solution
· Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
· Strong troubleshooting and decision-making skills
· Ability to conduct a thorough site visit
· Ability to document a high level of detail as it pertains to each project in a fast pace and changing environment
· Ability and willingness to travel as well as work evenings or weekends is required
· Ability to travel as needed for projects and industry training
Certificates and Licenses:
· Minnesota Power Limited Technician (PLT) required
· OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course required
· Valid and current AVIXA CTS General Certification preferred
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as client or construction sites. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as needed when construction site work is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Direct Reports: This position does not have any direct reports
Work Hours: Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.