Job Title: AV/LV Installation Technician I
Department: Field Service
Reports To: Field Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: The AV/LV Installation Technician I is responsible for the installation of audio-visual and low voltage structure cabling projects, and as needed providing technical support and troubleshooting. Work will be completed primarily at the customer site and will be at the direction of iSpace Project Managers and Lead AV/LV Technician. Work may be done independently or with a team to complete each project and requires basic proficiency in the audio-visual and video conferencing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following successfully; other duties may be assigned to support business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Field Tech Specific Responsibilities:
· Stage and load equipment, tools and installation supplies for shipment
· Execute installation plans of projects as assigned by Project Management and/or Lead AV/LV Technician, which may include:
o Connecting equipment, terminations, soldering, wire pulling, rack mounting, wire management, and equipment mounting.
· Testing systems upon completion to ensure systems function properly. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct technical issues on site.
· Investigate and resolve open issues with vendor support teams.
· Read and interpret construction documents, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
· Track and maintain time sheets for projects.
· Submit project documentation to PM’s after job completion to include (but not limited to): photos, as-built drawings, customer sign-offs, RMA’s, serial numbers, etc.
· Return iSpace equipment and inventory upon job completion.
· Maintain control over inventory to ensure proper accounting.
· Obtain technical certifications as directed by management to further develop your career.
· Basic installation tools to be supplied by employee.
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
· Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
· Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
· Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
· Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
· Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
· Fun: Be Positive. Fresh. Collaborate.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
· AV or Network experience desirable.
· Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets iSpace Environments Driving Privileges standards
· Ability to obtain formal approved clearances (Government or system specific) required.
Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including proficiency with Outlook and Teams.
· Strong technical aptitude or background working with electronics and communications technology, including but not limited to AV control systems, audio DSP’s, AV switchers, video conferencing technologies, data/IT systems, and telecom.
· Ability to clearly communicate with customers and technical personnel alike.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain focus on the project at hand.
· An ability to effectively triage, prioritize, and juggle multiple incidents simultaneously.
· Ability to follow through extended service incidences from open to completion.
· Ability to work independently, managing time and prioritizing tasks, yet also able to work in a team atmosphere.
· Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to take initiative.
· Strong technical aptitude or background working with electronics and communication technology.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Minnesota Power Limited Technician (PLT) preferred
· OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course preferred
· Valid and current AVIXA CTS General Certification preferred
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as client or construction sites. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as needed when construction site work is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours: Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.