25 hours per week, Weekdays
The Janitor position provides janitorial/cleaning services in the San Marco supportive housing apartment building serving homeless single adults with and/or without substance use disorder.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Provide cleaning and general upkeep of the property.
2. Responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in identifying long- and short-term cleaning and repair projects.
3. Implement a routine cleaning schedule that includes cleaning floors, windows, storage spaces, restrooms, dining room, trash rooms, lobbies, grounds, and other areas as assigned.
4. Complete daily cleaning tasks.
5. Assist in snow and ice removal from sidewalks and entryways.
6. Assist in cleaning and preparing rooms for rental.
7. Be familiar with tools and equipment necessary for janitorial services.
8. Prioritize and manage cleaning projects.
9. Communicate with and relate to diverse populations.
10. Abide by current safety regulations as defined by OSHA, Fire and Health Departments and other regulatory agencies.
This position requires a person who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team to carry out job duties. This position requires flexibility in schedule and previous building janitorial experience. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse tenants and staff
• Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
Must be able to safely navigate stairs and ladders, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
Center City Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.