Homrich Berg ("HB") is a leading fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA with three other offices in the metro-Atlanta area, and additional offices in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Nashville, TN, Columbia, SC, and Augusta, GA. Established in 1989, HB’s employees provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services primarily to high-net-worth individuals. Assets under management are over $13.5 billion as of June 30, 2023.
HB's Atlanta (Buckhead) office is seeking an Associate to work directly with HB Advisors and HB clients to offer comprehensive wealth management.
We are looking for someone to work with HB starting Quarter 4 of 2023 /early Quarter 1 of 2023. This candidate will:
- Assist HB Advisors in the preparation of custom financial plans
- Implement the firm's investment strategy as it applies to each client
- Communicate with our clients and their advisors
- Two to five years' experience in providing personal financial and/or tax planning services or a related financial background and education
- At least an intermediate level of understanding of traditional investment vehicles (e.g., stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- Ability to prepare income tax, cash flow, and education cost projections, retirement income needs analyses, net worth statements, estate distribution plans, and risk management (i.e., insurance) reviews
- Four year college degree, Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- CFP and/or CPA licensee or candidate is desired; tax experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to successfully pass criminal background / credit check required.
The ideal candidate is an individual who (a) is detail oriented, (b) resourceful, (c) seeks intellectual challenges, (d) desires to develop long-term relationships with clients, and (e) wants to grow into a leadership role with a successful wealth management firm.
- 17 days annual PTO + 10 annual holidays observed
- 401k match
- Strong day 1 eligible benefits offering; medical, dental, vision, telemed, disability, +
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Fun and welcoming office environment with monthly and quarterly events
- Ability to work remotely 20%
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid parking/commuter stipend