The Social Media Manager reports to the Vice President of Communications and works collaboratively with all departments of the organization to craft a high impact social media presence for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, and May Festival brands. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help design and execute a refreshed social media strategy, generate irresistible brand content, and support opportunities for revenue growth.
- With the VP Communications, develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy to optimize reach and engagement potential on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms.
- Establish brand guidelines and ensure that they are met for all social media content.
- Write copy and source/create media for content, working collaboratively with departments organization-wide, working most closely with Marketing and Digital Content & Innovation.
- Catalyze and curate video and photo assets for promotional and social media use.
- Attend rehearsals, concerts, and other events as needed to create content.
- Attend meetings and maintain authoritative knowledge of all aspects of the organization to ensure that content remains current and reflects the organization’s mission and values.
- Monitor overall brand reputation on social media and manage conversations and responses.
- Extract and utilize analytics and reporting tools to assess the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends and best practices in content and application.
- Establish and expand the organization’s social media presence on new and emerging platforms, as appropriate.
- Perform concert duty, which includes coordinating photography and videography when needed; greeting and interacting with the press to share information and answer questions; escorting news camera crews on site; and directing the media to obtain the best possible footage for the organization. This is a shared duty within the Communications Department.
- Support the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and contribute to a respectful work culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional experience working in social media marketing and public relations, preferably at a performing arts institution. Two years preferred.
- Experience managing professional content on social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube.
- Experience extracting and monitoring data on Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, Twitter Analytics, and Google Analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to handle external communications with discretion.
- Must exhibit strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to perform as a collaborative member of a team.
- Must be able to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and video skills required.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.) a plus.
- Enthusiasm for classical and popular music preferable.
Annual Wage Range: $45,000 - $50,000
The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance, health savings account contribution, 403(b) participation with employer contribution, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, flex time and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.