Feel like your engineering career is at a standstill? Having trouble climbing the "corporate ladder"?
PREMIER is growing and currently hiring a remote Control Systems Engineers to join our talented team and support customers in the Minneapolis, St. Paul area!
Why Work at PREMIER?
At PREMIER, you're not just another engineer added to our headcount. When you work at PREMIER you become part of the PREMIER family.
Our engineers are some of the most talented and engaged engineers in the industry. As a leader in providing industrial automation and integration services, we offer stimulating, challenging projects across various industries including, Food, Beverage, and Dairy. We work in small teams, build strong relationships with our colleagues and customers, and provide many opportunities for career development. For all these reasons and more, our Engineers have a strong sense of accomplishment and choose to call PREMIER home.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer position oversees and performs the design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of control system projects. They also contribute to overall team performance by training/mentoring associates, providing technical assistance, and improving processes and standards.
Minneapolis Senior Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity.
- Develop and evaluate alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modify program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develop proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Interact with customers to gain an understanding of the business environment. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work.
- Work successfully in a matrix structure; focused strongly on customer service and personal growth.
- Regional travel 25%
Minneapolis Senior Controls Engineer Requirements:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years work experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Material handling or process control design, development, and troubleshooting experience.
- Rockwell ControlLogix PLC Programming experience.
- Networking experience including - EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet.
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required
Nice to Have:
- Servo design, development, and troubleshooting experience of advanced motion control systems including multi-axis, coordinated axis applications is a plus. (Rockwell Kinetix experience is a plus).
- Experience with HMI, WonderWare Intouch / App Server / System Platform.
- Automotive or Food & Beverage experience.
- Experience successfully managing projects with teams of 1 to 2 engineers.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases.
- Familiar with common Project Management tools for managing budget, schedule, and scope of various size projects.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
PREMIER System Integrators is an Equal Opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, sexuality, transgender status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting our HR department at 713-355-7202.