Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian's proud history dates back over 70 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers and the reputation of our company.
Customer Service Representatives assist our clients with their service requests in a professional and friendly manner that reflects positively on Meridian. We are currently hiring for a part-time overnight position to cover Friday and Saturday, 11:00 pm to 6:30 am.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Third Shift-Specific Customer Service Duties:
- Respond to all radios – ground control, line service and ARINC
- Wash, dry and store dishes that arrive during shift
- Inventory the laundry that will be picked up in the morning and send email
- Re-write daily schedule for distribution
- Audit previous day fuel sheets - note all fueling on schedule and start invoices
- Audit all service tickets for the next day to ensure the following:
- Arrival/Departure times match in FlightBridge/schedule/service tickets
- All reservations have been made – catering, hotel, limousine and rental car
- Contact caterer for confirmation of all orders to be delivered to Meridian
- Submit Daily Arrival Report to the FAA Control Tower
General Customer Service Duties:
- Answer telephones in a timely manner; within three rings
- Greet and check in all arriving and departing flight crews
- Arrange hotel, limousine and rental cars for arriving passengers and crews with approved vendors
- Confirm all completed reservations with the customer via email or fax
- Keep a record of all arriving and departing aircraft in FlightBridge and on the company schedule
- Work with departing flight crews to get their service needs completed
- Coordinate fuel orders with line service
- Bill and collect for all items taken before an aircraft departs
- Keep line service up to date on all arriving and departing aircraft
- Complete rental car agreements
- Assist with coffee, ice, newspapers, or catering
- Make sure Atlas/MyFlightSolutions and FlightBridge are kept up to date (company names, addresses, CAA expiration dates, aircraft, numbers)
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions
- Be prepared to handle other assignments as needed to ensure that Meridian’s customers are welcomed and well-cared for
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing.
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System and OSHA training and program.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be resourceful and highly constructive in dealing with new situations.
- Must be able to work well without supervision
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence with attention given to grammar and spelling
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Fluent in English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
- Basic computer skills required. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and internet searches
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.