For over 38 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
The Payroll/HR Specialist is responsible for all functions, processes, deductions, and distributions associated with Payroll processing and HR Administration. This individual works closely with all departments to ensure accurate entry, processing and reporting associated with employee compensation. The Payroll/HR Specialist will be responsible for answering team member questions, training users, and related activities.
• Process bi-weekly payroll via Paylocity
o Gross-up checks, manual/express checks, retro calculation validation, time system edits/correction, withholding submissions, etc.
• Review and resolve errors; payroll pre-auditing and/or processing error resolution.
• Basic knowledge of accounting and general ledger:
o Prepare bi-weekly wage accrual entry and related liabilities
o Prepare wage allocation entry across multiple entities
• Manage/process garnishments, FSA, 403(b), HSA.
• Point of contact for all time keeping, payroll, and/or payroll taxes inquiries.
• Monitor data coming in through Paylocity; data entry in Paylocity related to payroll, HR, benefits, etc.
• Conduct audits in payroll system for quarterly and other reporting needs.
• Stay abreast of wage and hour regulations. Assist with incorporating new regulations into payroll policies, procedures and time system where appropriate.
• Maintain desktop procedures for payroll processing and cross training.
• Responsible for running/archiving routine reports, including Unemployment and L&I.
• Work with outsourced payroll (Paylocity) and oversee accurate, timely completion of quarterly 941.
o Assist with Annual Audits (Payroll and 403(b))
o Payroll module close
o W-2 disbursement, including returned W-2 tracking, ACA, 1095
• Process wage changes, status changes, additional job assignments, etc.
• Reconcile benefits deductions from payroll with billing statements
• Training employees in Paylocity, including time entry, leave requests, and self-service portal.
• Drive paperless HR functions.
• Work with managers to ensure employee information is submitted in a timely manner.
• Ensure accurate audit back-up for payroll changes.
• Respond to inquiries related to payroll, time system, self-service, forms submission, etc.
• Maintain employee files and records
• Assist with other projects as necessary
• 4+ years of payroll experience, experience with cloud-based payroll required; Paylocity experience preferred. A payroll certification (CPP, FCP) is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Advanced Excel and data file upload/download skills.
• Customer-first focus and creative problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.
• Experience working with multiple companies for payroll purposes
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
• Experience providing training for staff
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to the mission, values and diversity statement of the organization
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check, as well as a credit history check, prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Compensation: $52,000 - $56,000, depending on experience