As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
General Position Summary:
The product manager is responsible for managing consumer credit card products and card enhancements to drive sales, growth and profitability. They are the subject matter experts for the business and are responsible for driving the product vision and managing the product through all phases of the development and implementation process. They develop and manage the product roadmap and strategy by conducting competitive analysis, identifying industry trends and opportunities, and finding ways to better serve consumers.
Here are the top 3 things we're looking for in a candidate for this position, in this order. If you have this experience and are looking for an awesome, fast-growing team, we want to meet you!
1. Product Development of Credit Card or Financial Services products
2. Project Management of Credit Card or Financial Services products
3. Marketing of Credit Card or Financial Services products
• Medical - Blue Shield
• FSA & HSA options available
• Dental - Metlife
• Vision - Metlife - 100% paid by Vervent
• 401k - 100% vested once you start contributing. Generous company match!
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - 100% paid by Vervent
• Basic Life & AD&D - 100% paid by Vervent
• Voluntary Life - Employee, spouse & dependents
• Long-Term Disability - 100% paid by Vervent
• Short-Term Disability
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Hospital Indemnity Insurance
• Legal Services
• Pet Insurance
- Develop long-term product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle, and service considerations.
- Manage product development process, including defining product, features, and enhancements, as well as creating and writing business requirements in order to bring the product to market or integrate enhancements into existing products.
- Manage the testing, rollout and validation of new card products, enhancements, and functionalities.
- Support the day-to-day product management activities including but not limited to reporting, budgeting, managing any terms and regulatory changes, and product maintenance and system updates.
- Work closely with product, credit risk and marketing teams to forecast acquisition and profitability.
- Manage market intelligence, with respect to consumer credit card products, value propositions, rewards programs, market trends, new products, and payment advancements. Maintain industry analysis, and competitive reporting to develop actionable product roadmap as well as an acquisition strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Product development and/or management in the financial services industry (preferable experience with payment, loyalty or credit cards)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards
- Strong interpersonal and professional relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Proven ability to adapt and modify as needed to meet departmental deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.