Job Title: Production Over-Hire
Reports To: Technical Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Tier: 2
Desired Start Date: As needed
**Accepting Applications Ongoingly**
Trinity Repertory Company seeks individuals to fill its Production Over-Hire Working Pool. Anyone interested in lending a hand in any of the following Technical Theater departments is invited to apply; Scenery, Electrics, Sound, Costumes, Wigs, Props. Generalist welcome. Once hired your name will be added to an email list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Costume department with pulling/creating/altering costumes. Occasional need for Wardrobe show crew. Assist Wig department with building/styling.
- Hangs and circuits lighting plots alongside Electrics Department.
- Assists Paint Charge with priming and painting scenic elements.
- Assists in the building and/or installation of scenery.
Experience/Education: Professional experience in any behind the scenes work is valued but not necessary. If experienced in one specific discipline and only wanting to work with us in that field please make note of it in your application.
- General knowledge of tools, rigging, and building.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with live theater or events production.
- Good math skills, including fractions and angles.
- Proper use of ladders and scaffolding.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to move, transport, or position objects up to 25 lbs. either alone or with assistance.
- Ability to work safely at heights of up to 20’.
- Safety equipment may be necessary at times depending on the task
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period.
- May be tasked to ascend/descend steps, ladders, and scaffolding.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high.
- The light level in the work environment ranges from light to dark.
- Trinity Rep is a collaborative work environment, and employees are expected to be open and willing to collaborate across departments and teams.
- Trinity Rep is on an active and ongoing journey to be anti-racist organization, advancing anti-racist policies and practices, and fostering and sustaining a culture that values community, social justice, and equity.
- This position is hired as needed.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit trinityrep.com/antiracism.
ABOUT TRINITY REPERTORY COMPANY
Rhode Island’s Tony Award-winning theater company, Trinity Rep has created unparalleled professional theater for and with its community since its founding in 1963. Trinity Rep is committed to reinventing the public square and inspiring dialogue by creating emotionally-stimulating productions and innovative education programs for all ages and abilities. Whether classical or contemporary, all of Trinity Rep’s productions connect audiences with the play and each other in meaningful and sometimes surprising ways. Its annual production of A Christmas Carol has brought families together for 40+ years and made memories for over a million audience members. Trinity Rep shapes the future of the nation’s theater through the development and production of new plays, as well as the tuition-free Brown University/Trinity Rep MFA program – one of the leading programs for actor and director training in the world.
Trinity Rep strives to facilitate human connection through its commitment to forming meaningful community partnerships, creating a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, delivering exceptional customer service, and connecting patrons with its resident company of artists. Trinity Rep has resolved to place antiracism at the center of its work, and has embarked on a robust planning process to develop and implement a bold new vision for theater making, education, and community engagement, founded on the principles of genuine equity and antiracism.
Located in downtown Providence, Trinity Rep has long been a driving force behind the creativity that fuels and defines the region. Typically employing over 250 artists, educators, and administrators, the organization generates nearly $21 million in direct and indirect economic activity annually. It is one of 76 theaters nationwide with membership in LORT (the League of Resident Theaters), the organization representing America’s leading professional theater companies.
Learn more at www.trinityrep.com/about/